Sunday, June 07, 2009


Species Veitchii
Coming from the Northwest of China. Forming a round bush, foliage is finely cut and
and keeps its beauty until first frost. Small simple blooms that have a slightly tilted port. Carries several flowers per stem. One of the first to bloom in spring. Extremely hardy. Grows to 21".




Species Smouthi
Small crimson blooms, very early, 36" tall with pleasant fragrance
Said to be one of the oldest hybrid in commerce it first appeared around 1843 in France.




Claire de Lune is a Herbaceous Hybrid with pale yellow single blooms, round edged petals. Pale green carpels with pink tips and gold and yellow stamens. Good cut flower, blooms last well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found your blog! I have been looking everywhere for the single pink Peony (it's my favorite) I didn't even know it was a peony until today! I have to find some place that sells them! Thanks for the great blog!!
Susie