Saturday, September 29, 2007

Always cleanup and things to do this time of year. Take stock of my collection, what works and what doesn't .
Received some seeds from the hybridizing program ??? that has been started. Myself and two others are involved so far (Kind of impromptu group) I am also taking some of my seeds to the PTG to plant there. Have removed a few peonies to give to the PTG
as well. All peonies recieved from the Root Sale and cheque is with the others to send to treasurer.
Very pleased for my first attempt. We had many donations and many members who wanted them. We also had a bit of a problem with Lemoines Disease so a few of the donations had to be pulled. There is little known about this affliction to the plant and the only cure is to destroy the (entire plant) affected plant. I hope it isn't too rampant next year.

No comments: